Outside Sales Representative
Do you have a passion for the firefighting industry and enjoy helping our first responders find products and service solutions to keep them safe and make their jobs easier? Do you like reviewing the latest-and-greatest fire products and sharing this information with others in a sales focused role? If so, this position could be the perfect fit for you!
Job Type: Full-time, Commission
Experience: Preferred 2+ years of business-to-business sales experience
Starting Date: Job will begin as soon as the position is filled.
• Enjoy working with firefighters and first responders
• Must present a professional and clean appearance at all times
• Able to independently drive to fire stations, remote locations, and tradeshows in the Northwest U.S. region
• Able to work flexible hours as needed to meet with first responders in their timeframe regarding product needs and solutions
• Must have a strong desire to succeed in a sales role
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and retail P.O.S. systems.
What we provide:
• Unlimited earning potential
• Full product training
• Inside support team
• Industry resources
• Transportation and Lodging when traveling
• Health Insurance available after 3-month probationary work period
Be a part of our fast-growing business! North Ridge Fire Equipment is looking for a full-time sales representative that fits the above criteria as we continue to grow and improve our products and services.
• Sells products and services to fire departments, first responders, and private wildland fire contractors at customers’ place of business by performing the following duties listed below:
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Develops and compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from news outlets, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet web sites, and other sources
• Travels throughout assigned territory or accounts to call on and visit regular and prospective customers to solicit business, or talks with customers by phone based on defined customer objectives
• Researches product and/or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes features and benefits of Company’s products and services
• Coordinates efforts with Customer Service Reps to prepare quotes, prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
• When requested, estimates date of delivery to customer by working with Inside Sales
• Enters sales activity data into CRM, maintains CRM integrity of customer and prospect data
• Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date
• Uses proper procedures for consignment and demo equipment
• Coordinates customer training on products and applications
• Maintains awareness of market trends including competitive methods
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendor contacts
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries and accounts receivables
• Attends and works trade shows
• Perform other duties as needed
• This is a full-time job that may require long hours of driving/traveling
Success factors/job competencies:
• Exceptional Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Sales Skills/Business Acumen
• Initiative and Self-starter Mentality
• Problem Solving
• Conflict Resolution
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Worked performed in an office and/or customer work site.
• Position requires travel in company-issued vehicle to various customer locations throughout assigned region.
• Incumbent must independently travel to customers and sales call locations
• The employee may occasionally be exposed to hazardous driving conditions.
• Incumbent will be required to use a computer, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time. Incumbent must be able to see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
• Incumbent may be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• A valid driver's license with clean driving record is required
• Applicant must pass drug screening and background check
• Sales: 2+ year (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 2+ years (Preferred)
• Missoula, MT (with regional travel) 1400 Stoddard St
Contact us through our email at [email protected] or call us at 406-830-3444